Cognizant Consulting is a provider of technology solutions for
clients that encompass Fortune 1000 companies and small businesses. We
can work with any scale to find the perfect solution for your business.
Brief Client List
Manor Independent School District - Manor, Texas - USA
A school district that educates and cares for its community in order to add value to lives.
Mapping Your Future
Cognizant Consulting provided Manor Independent School District with total enterprise wide solutions, including:
• LAN, WAN, Intranet, Extranet
• Virtual Private Networking & Internet Connectivity Support
• Contract Support, Server/Workstation Administration,
• Network Design and Implementation
• Technology Project and Life Cycle Management
• Budgetary and Purchasing Analysis
• RFC Development and Assessment
Cognizant Consulting managed the IT environment for this
401C non-profit organization in order to help expand their online
presence and to give them the most value for their technology dollars.
Mapping Your Future handles 90+% of all online student loan counseling
in the United States and has a stagering amount of traffic from July
through September of each year. Some of the services we provided:
Texas Guaranteed Student Loan Corporation
• Implemented a redundant network and server load balancing/clustering to ensure 24/7 availability.
• Established a disaster recovery plan for several small and large scenarios.
• Provided guidance on internal IT projects and environment planning.
• Developed secure VPN options for the office and the remotely co-located production servers.
Texas Guaranteed Student Loan Corporation (TG) (formerly
known as the Guaranteed Student Loan Program) was created by the Texas
Legislature in 1979. TG is a public, nonprofit Corporation that
administers the Federal Family Education Loan Program (FFELP).
Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
Their vision is to be the premier source of information, financing, and
assistance to help all families and students realize their educational
and career dreams.
Since its creation, TG has guaranteed approximately $20.7 billion in
loans to more than 2 million student borrowers and their parents.
Cognizant Consulting was retained for consulting services that
• Full migration to Active Directory from a mixed Windows NT / Novell environment
• Revamped the domain security structure without any loss of
functionality in order to increase and maintain high security standards
• Migrated user home directories, shared file storage, printing, and group policies from Novell to Active Directory
• Interacted with numerous internal business unints in order to develop
a distributed management policy using Active Directory Organizational
Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association is an
organization established to protect and ensure individual rights
guaranteed by the Texas and Federal Constitutions. They have 2500+
active attorneys who are actively engaged in the defense of criminal
SBC Laboratories, Inc
Cognizant Consulting was retained for technology project management. Services included:
• Microsoft IIS Web Server, ASP/HTML/Cold Fusion Code, Process and Implementation Best Practices
• Performed a security and logical analysis audit on network and server structure
• Oversight and management of outsourced web application programming and troubleshooting for backend operation code
• Provided personalized instruction on Active Directory, Group Policies, and Security Best Practices
• Assisted in proccess streamline of website and cost analysis for hosting internally
SBC Laboratories, Inc. (SBC Labs) is present at the future,
enabling SBC Communications to make tomorrow’s technology today’s
solutions. SBC Labs provides technology research and development
exclusively to the trusted subsidiaries of SBC Communications.
Cognizant Consulting was retained for consulting services that encompassed:
• Installed Project Server 2003, SQL Server, HFNetChk, WUS
(Windows Update Server), and ELM Enterprise Manager, fully configured
for the environment
• Fully documented both installation and support of installed applications
• Provided knowledge transfer to SBC Labs employees at various times during the project
• Held 1-day class with all technical staff, at close of project for full knowledge transfer
• Reviewed processes and infrastructure and made recommendations on
ways to improve performance and in some cases implement new products
such as Exchange 2003